miðvikudagur, 3. janúar 2007

Back to work

I so didn't feel like going to work yesterday. Sólveig Lilja didn't feel like going to school yesterday either but we got up, had breakfast and walked off. I pulled her in her new toboggan, the old one has a seat with high back and a belt which this new one doesn't have. She hasn't fallen off yet though and seems to be pretty happy about this new one. This morning it was similar, except she had crawled in bed with us sometime early this morning. Four o'clock she was already there and I was too sleepy to take her back. But I won't let her sleep there tonight, it's too crowded and I can't stretch out like I like to. The other two seemed quite comfortable thought and so did Kristín Lára in her cot.

Bob and I have been watching a show on the Discovery Channel, called "The Deadliest Catch". It's about a fleet of crab fishing boats from Alaska, fishing in the Bering Sea in all kinds of weather, usually cold and windy. Don't know why I like this show, it's just about people throwing crab pots overboard and pulling them back in, over and over and over again. But something about this show is good, so good that you want to watch it. I was wondering if I'd want to watch a show on the life on Icelandic factory trawlers as we call them, like my brother-in-law Tommi used to work on. Why not? I guess it has to do with how the show is done though, but I still haven't really figured out what it is about these shows that makes you want to watch them. Bob says that it's because it shows real people doing real work in real situations. And that could be the reason.

I guess school will start soon, sometime after the weekend I think. And soon it's time to take down the Christmas decorations, the tree and the lights. This time it won't take so much time since I didn't put that much in the windows this time. And next week the "fat fighters" will start again. I'm trying to get back to my diet properly again, no more carelessness!

Engin ummæli: