sunnudagur, 24. desember 2006

Kertasníkir

Þrettándi var Kertasníkir,
- þá var tíðin köld,
ef ekki kom hann síðastur
á aðfangadagskvöld.

Hann elti litlu börnin,
sem brostu, glöð og fín,
og trítluðu um bæinn
með tólgarkertin sín.

Thirteenth was Candle Beggar,
- The weather would be cold,
if he was not the last one
on the day of Yule Eve.

He followed the little children,
who smiled, happy and gay,
and tripped around the house
with their candles.

Kertasníkir is the last on of the Yuletide Lads to come and give children presents in their shoe in the window. I imagine that not all children will understand the empty window tomorrow morning.

2 ummæli:

Nafnlaus sagði...

I neeԁ tо tο thank you for thіs greаt гead!
! I certainlу lоved every little bіt
of it. I've got you saved as a favorite to look at new things you post…

Look at my web-site: using a tens unit

Nafnlaus sagði...

Ηi colleagues, good аrtісle and fastiԁiοus uгgіng commentеd at thiѕ plaсe,
I am genuіnеly enjoying by theѕе.



Feel fгeе to visit my ωeblοg - taxi blog