föstudagur, 22. desember 2006

I hate this storm

I really do. It is now 6:30 and I haven't slept much since 4 o'clock. I've been listening (couldn't avoid it!) to the wind, wondering if it's going to blow away the pieces of wood out on the deck (what is left of the fence to put up), wondering how I'm going to get Sólveig Lilja to playschool, things like that. I am now sitting in the study which is in the part of the house that doesn't face the wind and it fells like the storm is going down but I'm not sure if that is the case. Sólveig Lilja came into the bedroom to us about an hour ago, with the book that today's Yuletide lad left her. She's now snuggled down with her father but soon it will be time to wake her up to get ready for playschool.

A couple of landslides closed the road to the farm yesterday and the day before. The national road company cleared away the first one but that night, another one happened and blocked the road again and they cleared that yesterday. Got me a bit worried about my parents and the rest of them on the farm, although I've always believed that the buildings there were in no danger from avalances or landslides. The phoneline came apart and it hasn't been fixed yet and our lovely phone company says it could take 5 days to fix that! It's a private company now and they don't seem to care much about those poor buggers living in "remote" locations. Although the farm isn't that far away, it's just not enough people there for them to get high enough on their priority list.

Engin ummæli: