föstudagur, 7. desember 2007

Changes

October wasn't a very good month at work, I've been getting more and more unhappy with things there. I tried talking to my department manager, the staff manager and the manager of the company but it didn't bring anything. We don't have enough work for all of us, I am unhappy with the fact that last year they hired another programmer, someone who has the same education I do (or less since I've been adding credits) and gave her higher salary than I have. I had also been asking to go to courses or have more training but couldn't. And adding to that, I don't see that they are doing much in getting us more work or different things to do. So I started looking for another job, called a former colleague and he talked to his team leader. I went to a job interview and they made me an offer - which I didn't like and I told them that so they then withdrew the offer. Then I talked to an old friend of mine, who works for a software house and she told me that I should just talk to Gulla, who is her department manager and also someone I know since we both worked for the same company years ago. That was on a Friday. On Monday she called me and sounded very positive and a few days later I had a new job. I resigned just before the end of month and will leave here on Friday before Christmas.

My new job will be similar to the one I have now. But the change is that I will be able to get training in a new business application - which I haven't been able to get here. The salary is better as well and that is good. But most of all I think the change will do me good. I've been with Þekking for 11 and a half years and it's time to do something else now. Learn new things, be with new people. Although I will miss people from here.

Hrefna called me last night and she's coming here to finish the national dresses for the girls on the sixteenth. They will be so pretty :)

Engin ummæli: