þriðjudagur, 18. september 2007

Sheepish roundup

I helped at roundup last week. It's a two day process, Wednesday and Thursday, and shedding is on Friday. I didn't go on Wednesday, which was a very bad roundup day. Cold, rain and fog so they didn't get many sheep home at all. Thursday was better, I went there then, but only for a short while. Because of the snow that had come, they didn't go all the way up the valleys so we were back home pretty quickly.

I then took the girls to the shedding on Friday. I think they enjoyed it, they got to play with their cousins and seemed to have fun. My cousin Örn, came from Reykjavík on Tuesday evening and his wife and two kids drove here on Thursday night to take part in the shedding.

I went to the farm on Saturday again to help them weigh the lambs. Left the girls at home, I thought they'd just be in the way. The lambs seem pretty good this year but there's still a lot of them missing, no wonder after this bad roundup. Next roundup will be this weekend and I just hope the weather will be better then.

Engin ummæli: